Also Download other ArmADP.com Apps like PMCS and AR 670-1 and no longer have to spend hours in the Motor pool waiting on one old -10 manual to be passed around the Platoon to fill out the 5988.
ADP 6-22 & ADRP 6-22 Army Leadership
1. Q. What does ADP 6-22 cover?
A: Army Leadership
2. Q. What is an Army Leader?
A: An Army leader is anyone who by virtue of assumed role or assigned responsibility inspires and influences people to accomplish organizational goals.
3. Q. What is Leadership?
A: Leadership is the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation to accomplish the mission and improve the organization.
4. Q. What is toxic leadership?
A: Toxic leadership is a combination of self-centered attitudes, motivations, and behaviors that have adverse effects on subordinates, the organization, and mission performance.
5. Q. What do Toxic Leaders consistently use dysfunctional behaviors to do?
A: deceive, intimidate, coerce, or unfairly punish others to get what they want for themselves
Copyright ArmyADP.com All Questions and Answers were Designed and Developed for Sole use on ArmyADP.com and should not be duplicated or distributed in any form either through electronic means or paper without the express consent of Army ADP.com
Army ADRP 6-22 & ADP 6-22. Download ADRP or ADP 6-22 pdf for Free. The "Most Up-To-Date" Army Study Guide on the Internet". Download ADRP 6-22 and ADP 6-22 the below. This Site is The Source for "Army Doctrine 2015" lots more Questions than one page for each Subject. The purpose is to help Soldiers become better Educated and earn quicker Army Promotions by assisting in not only their Army Educations but also their College Educations as well. It has been designed to assist Soldiers in preparing for Promotion Boards and Competition Boards. All the Questions and Answers are directly from Army Publications and are designed in a way for Soldiers to learn these Publications while also preparing for Boards. It is also managed and updated frequently to keep up with Changing Army Publications so please inform TOP if there is outdated material so that he can keep the material relevant and updated. Also, Please do not hesitate to contact TOP if there is a Board Topic that you would like to see added.
6. Q. Can a Toxic Leader still achieve results?
A: Yes, but only Short Term results where followers respond to the positional power of their leader to fulfill requests
7. Q. Which Leader competency categories does a Toxic Leader ignore when getting short term results?
A: Leading and Developing Soldiers
8. Q. What will Toxic or Negative Leadership effect in Followers?
A: undermines the followers’ will, initiative, and potential and destroys unit morale
9. Q. What are the two Characteristics of a Toxic Leader?
A: operates with an inflated sense of self-worth and from acute self-interest
10. Q. What Value must a leader have to take the initiative to make something happen rather than standing by or withdrawing and hoping events will turn out well?
A: Personal Courage
11. Q. What type of leader will learn from each decision and action; with guidance from superiors, the leader will grow in confidence?
A: A Self-Aware Leader
12. Q. What type of Leaders have the psychological and physical capacity to bounce back from life’s stressors to thrive in an era of high operational tempo and persistent conflict?
A: Resilient and fit leaders
13. Q. What is “Command”?
A: the authority that a commander in the armed forces lawfully exercises over subordinates by virtue of rank or assignment. Command includes the authority and responsibility for effectively using available resources and for planning the employment of, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling military forces for the accomplishment of assigned missions
14. Q. What is “Mission Command”?
A: the exercise of authority and direction by the commander using mission orders to enable disciplined initiative within the commander’s intent to empower agile and adaptive leaders in the conduct of unified land operations
15. Q. What Army Regulation specifically charges commanders to perform functions such as establishing a positive climate,caring for the well-being of Soldiers, properly training their Soldiers and developing subordinates’ competence?
A: AR 600-20
16. Q. What is AR 600-20?
A: Army Command Policy
17. Q. What are the three Levels of Leadership?
A: Direct; Organizational; Strategic
18. Q. What is the Direct Level Leadership?
A: ability to apply competencies at a proficient level
19. Q. What is the Organizational Level Leadership?
A: apply competencies to increasingly complex situations
20. Q. What is the Strategic Level Leadership?
A: Shape the military through change over extended time
21. Q. What are the four Special Conditions of Leadership?
A: Formal; Informal; Collective; Situational
22. Q. What are the three Leader Attributes?
A: Character; Presence; Intellect
23. Q. What are the three Leader Competencies?
A: Leads; Develops; Achieves
24. Q. What is Character?
A: the essence of who a person is, what a person believes, how a person acts
25. Q. What year was the Army’s First Leadership Doctrine Published?
26. Q. What does a Leader taking care of people involve?
A: creating and sustaining a positive climate through open communications, trust, cohesion, and teamwork
27. Q. Should every good Army Leader also need to be a good Follower?
28. Q. What are the things that a good Follower must Learn?
A: learning loyalty, subordination, respect for superiors, and even when and how to lodge candid disagreement
29. Q. How can Leaders mitigate resistance when trying to influence others?
A: by anticipating what others value, their reactions to influence, their shared understanding of common goals, and their commitment to the general organization or the purpose of the mission and their trust in the organization and the leader
30. Q. How do Army Leaders build Trust?
A: by being honest and dependable
31. Q. Which Army Value must leaders have in order to take the initiative to make something happen or confront problems of discipline and/or disorderly conduct?
A: Personal courage
32. Q. What is collective leadership?
A: Collective leadership refers to the combined effects and interactions when leaders at different levels synchronize their leadership actions to achieve a common purpose.
33. Q. Who can demonstrate leadership?
A: Anyone can demonstrate leadership.
34. Q. What are the three Leadership attributes?
A: Character, Presence and Intellect
35. Q. What are the three Leadership competencies?
A: Leads, Develops and Achieves
36. Q. What is empathy?
A: Empathy is identifying and understanding what others think, feel and believe.
37. Q. What does Character refer to?
A: the internal identity of the leader
38. Q. What does Presence refer to?
A: how others see the leader, the leader’s outward appearance, demeanor, actions and words
39. Q. What does Intellect refer to?
A: the abilities and knowledge the leader possesses to think and interact with others; the mental and social faculties the leader applies in the act of leading
40. Q. How do Leaders build credibility with their Soldiers?
A: by unwaveringly adhering to applicable laws, regulations, and unit standards build credibility with their subordinates and enhance trust from the American people they serve
41. Q. What is Building Trust?
A: an important competency to establish conditions of effective influence and for creating a positive environment
42. Q. What is Actions speak louder than words?
A: Actions can speak louder than words and excellent leaders use this to serve as a role model to set the standard
43. Q. Why must Leaders Communicate Effectively?
A: Leaders communicate to convey clear understanding of what needs to be done and why
44. Q. Are Army Leaders expected to influence beyond the chain of command?
A: Yes, involves influencing others when the leader does not have designated authority or while the leader’s authority is not recognized by others, such as with unified action partners
45. Q. How do Leaders Create a positive environment?
A: A Leader inspires an organization’s climate and culture
46. Q. What is the Competency Prepares self?
A: encourages improvement in leading and other areas of leader responsibility
47. Q. Why do Leaders Develop Others?
A: to assume greater responsibility or achieve higher expertise
48. Q. Why does a Leader Steward the Profession?
A: to maintain professional standards and effective capabilities for the future
49. Q. When developing subordinates, what should a Leader provide?
A: resources the subordinate needs to succeed, makes expectations clear, and provides positive, meaningful feedback
50. Q. What does Getting Results require?
A: the right level of delegation, empowerment and trust balanced against the mission
51. Q. How do Leaders Develop?
A: when the individual desires to improve and invests effort, when his or her superior supports development, and when the organizational climate values learning
52. Q. What are examples of Formal Systems that provide feedback for Leaders to Develop?
A: evaluation reports, academic evaluation reports, and 360 assessments
53. Q. What is the quickest opportunity for Leaders to Lear and Develop?
A: when there are challenging and interesting opportunities to practice leadership with meaningful and honest feedback and multiple practice opportunities
54. Q. What does Leader Development Involve?
A: recruiting, accessing, developing, assigning, promoting, broadening, and retaining the best leaders, while challenging them over time with greater responsibility, authority and accountability
55. Q. Why is "Military Leadership" unique?
A: because the armed forces grow their own leaders from the lowest to highest levels
56. Q. What are the four requirements and expectations of character?
A: Army Values; Empathy; Warrior Ethos; Discipline
57. Q. What are the four requirements and expectations of presence?
A: Military and professional bearing; Fitness; Confidence; Resilience
58. Q. What are the five requirements and expectations of intellect?
A: Mental agility; Sound judgment; Innovation; Interpersonal tact; Expertise
59. Q. What are the five requirements and expectations of the lead competency?
A: Leads others; Extends influence beyond the chain of command; Builds trust; Leads by example; Communicates
60. Q. What are the four requirements and expectations of the develop competency?
A: Creates a positive environment/fosters espirit de corps; Prepares self; Develops others; Stewards the profession
61. Q. What in the one requirement and expectation of the achieve competency?
A: Gets results
62. Q. How does leadership develop within an individual?
A: Leadership develops when the individual desires to improve and invests effort, when his or her superior supports development, and when the organizational climate values learning.
63. Q. What does the leader development process involve?
A: Leader development involves recruiting, accessing, developing, assigning, promoting, broadening, and retaining the best leaders, while challenging them over time with greater responsibility, authority and accountability.
64. Q. How is military leadership unique from civilian or private sector leadership?
A: Military leadership is unique because the armed forces grow their own leaders from the lowest to highest levels. It entrusts leaders to develop professionally and be ready to accept greater responsibility when called upon.
WARNING!!! Do Not Copy or distribute these Questions they are Copyright Protected!!
Do Not Put questions on any Flashcard Website, Application etc.. those Sites will NOT update them and they do not devleop the materials.
It is illegal to put them into any other program or website or distribute them in any way.
You can make a personal study copy for yourself to prepare for the board.
I have spent HUNDREDS of hours developing these Questions for Soldiers and I need your help maintaining the integrity of the Questions.
You are able to see all the Board Questions and Answers for free on this site. But to see all them on your phone you must download the App on the App store.
Invest in you career by paying a few dollars to make hundreds.
Many 1SG's and CSM's have this very App on their Phones and use it to ask their Questions during the board. This is the App that the Board Members have when asking those Questions.
Help Top keep this Site Alive
Download the ArmyAdp.com Deluxe Edition