Help Top keep this Site Alive
ADP 3-37 & ADRP 3-37 Protection
1. Q. What does ADP 3-37 cover?
2. Q. What ADP Covers Protection?
A: ADP 3-37
3. Q. What does The Protection Warfighting Function Enable Commanders to do?
A: The Protection Warfighting Function Enables Commanders to Preserve the Force Combat Power by Integrating Protection Capabilities within Operations
4. Q. Para 1 What is Protection?
A: the Preservation of the Effectiveness and Survivability of Mission-Related Military and Nonmilitary Personnel, Equipment, Facilities, Information, and Infrastructure Deployed or Located within or Outside the Boundaries of a Given Operational Area
5. Q. Para 2 Why may Army Units be Required to provide Protection for Civilians?
A: in Order to Support Mission Objectives; This may include Protecting Civilians from Widespread Violence (such as Mass Atrocities), Mitigating Civilian Casualties, and Ensuring a Secure Environment for the Population and Nonmilitary Partners
ArmyADP.com "The New Army Study Guide"
ADRP 3-37 and ADP 3-37. This site contains Questions and Answers for Army Boards. The Source for Army Doctrine 2015 lots more Questions than one page for each Subject. It has been designed to assist Soldiers in preparing for Promotion Boards and Competition Boards. All the Questions and Answers are directly from Army Publications and are designed in a way for Soldiers to learn these Publications while also preparing for Boards. It is also managed and updated frequently to keep up with Changing Army Publications so please inform TOP if there is outdated material so that he can keep the material relevant and updated. Also, Please do not hesitate to contact TOP if there is a Board Topic that you would like to see added. Email TOP at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Q. Para 3 How can Protection be Maximized?
A: Protection can be Maximized by Integrating the Elements of Combat Power to Reinforce Protection or to Achieve Complementary Protective Effects
7. Q. Para 3 What is the goal of Protection Integration?
A: The Goal of Protection Integration is to Balance Protection with the Freedom of Action throughout the Duration of Military Operations
8. Q. Para 3 What is done to Assist in Identifying and Preventing Threats and Hazards and in Mitigating their Effects?
A: Collaboration, Integration, and Synchronization between the Warfighting Functions Type your paragraph here.
9. Q. Para 6 What are the 5 Protection Principles?
A: 1. Comprehensive 2. Integrated 3. Layered 4. Redundant 5. Enduring
10. Q. Para 7 What is the Protection Warfighting Function?
A: the Related Tasks and Systems that Preserve the Force so that Commanders can Apply Maximum Combat Power to Accomplish the Mission
11. Q. Para 10 What is the First Step to Effective Protection?
12. Q. Para 10 What should Commanders Consider First?
A: the Most Likely Threats and Hazards and decide which Personnel, Physical Assets, and Information to Protect
13. Q. Para 10 What Two Processes does the Commander use to Develop and Examine Information for use in the Various Continuing Activities and Integrating Processes to Consider what to Protect?
A: MDMP and TLP’s
14. Q. Para 12 What are the Keys to Protection Planning?
A: Identifying the Threats and Hazards, Assessing the Threats and Hazards to Determine the Risks, developing Preventive Measures, and Integrating Protection Tasks into a Comprehensive Scheme of Protection that includes Mitigating Measures
15. Q. Para 13 What are some of the Eleven Tasks of the Protection Cell or Protection Working group during Planning?
A: 1. Establishes a Protection Working Group 2. Conducts Initial Assessments 3. Develops a Critical Asset List and a Defended Asset List 4. Integrates and Layers Protection Tasks 5. Develops a Scheme of Protection 6. Recommends Protection Priorities 7. Refines the Running Estimate 8. Synchronizes Protection within the Elements of Combat Power 9. Identifies Communication Channels among Key Personnel within Protection and Leadership 10. Develops and Publishes Personnel Recovery Guidance 11. Establishes Personnel Recovery that is related to the Commander’s Critical Information Requirements
16. Q. Para 14 What is Protection Focused on during the Preparation Phase?
A: During the Preparation Phase, Protection Focuses on Deterring and Preventing the Enemy or Adversary from Actions that would Affect Combat Power and the Freedom of Action
17. Q. Para 14 What do Active Defense Measures assist in?
A: Denying the Initiative to the Enemy or Adversary
18. Q. Para 14 What is the Execution of Passive Defense Measures?
A: Prepares the Force Against the Threat and Hazard Effects and Speeds the Mitigation of those Effects
19. Q. Para 15 When does Assessment Occur?
A: During Preparation
20. Q. Para 15 What do Assessments Generally include?
A: Activities Required to Maintain Situational Understanding; Monitor and Evaluate Running Estimates and Tasks, Methods of Evaluation, and Measures of Performance; and Identify Variances for Decision Support
21. Q. Para 17 What do Commanders who Exercise Mission Command Do?
A: Decide, Direct, Lead, Access, and Provide Leadership to Organizations and Soldiers During Execution
22. Q. Para 18 The Changing Nature of Operations may require the Surge of what Certain Capability?
23. Q. Para 19 What Must Commanders Accept to Exploit Time-Sensitive Opportunities by Acting before Enemies or Adversaries Discover Vulnerabilities, Take Evasive or Defensive Action, and Implement Countermeasures?
A: Commanders Must Accept Prudent Risk
24. Q. Para 20 What is Essential for Effective Decision-Making and the Assignment of Combat Power to Protection Tasks?
A: An Accurate Assessment
25. Q. Para 21 What will Quick Response Actions do?
A: Save Lives, Protect Property, and Continue Essential Services, Mitigating the Effects of the Threat or Hazard and Allowing the Force to Retain the Initiative and Deny it to the Enemy or Adversary
26. Q. Para 21 Once a Threat or Hazard is Known, what Must be Done?
A: Once a Threat or Hazard is Known, it is Imperative that the Force is Warned and Begins Responding to the Action
27. Q. Para 22 Who Monitors and Evaluates Several Critical ongoing Functions Associated with Execution for Operational Actions or Changes?
A: The Protection Cell/Working Group
28. Q. Para 22 What is the Mission of The protection Cell/Working Group?
A: Monitors and Evaluates Several Critical ongoing Functions Associated with Execution for Operational Actions or Changes that Impact Protection Cell Proponents
29. Q. Para 23 What is an Essential, Continuous Activity that occurs Throughout the Operations Process?
A: Assessing Protection
30. Q. Para 23 What may be difficult to Assess and Quantify?
A: the Successful Application of Protection
31. Q. Para 24 What is Assessment?
A: the Determination of the Progress toward Accomplishing a Task, Creating a Condition, or Achieving an Objective
32. Q. Para 24 How can an Assessment Help a Commander?
A: Assessments Help the Commander Determine Progress toward Attaining the Desired End State, Achieving Objectives, and Performing Tasks
33. Q. Para 25 Who develops Running Estimates?
A: The Staff
34. Q. Para 25 What are Running Estimates?
A: Estimates that Illustrate the Significant Aspects of a Particular Activity or Function over time
35. Q. Para 25 What do Running Estimates provide a Commander?
A: they Allow Commanders to Maintain Situational Understanding and Direct Adjustments when and where Needed during an Operation
36. Q. Para 25 What can Significant Changes or Variances Among or within Running Estimates Signal?
A: they Can Signal a Threat or an Opportunity, Alerting Commanders to Take Action
37. Q. Para 26 If an Action Appears to be Failing in its Desired Effect, what may it be Attributed to?
A: it May be Attributed to Personnel or Equipment System Failure, Insufficient Resource Allocation at Vulnerable Points, or a Variance in Anticipated Threat Combat Power Ratio
WARNING!!! Do Not Copy or distribute these Questions they are Copyright Protected!!
Do Not Put questions on any Flashcard Website, Application etc.. those Sites will NOT update them and they do not devleop the materials.
It is illegal to put them into any other program or website or distribute them in any way.
You can make a personal study copy for yourself to prepare for the board.
I have spent HUNDREDS of hours developing these Questions for Soldiers and I need your help maintaining the integrity of the Questions.