Just edit this element to add your own HTML.
Help Top keep this Site Alive
Download the Updated ArmyAdp.com Deluxe Edition
Download other ArmADP.com Apps
ADP 3-09 & ADP 3-09 Fires
1. Q. What does ADP 3-09 Cover?
2. Q. What ADP Covers Fires?
A: ADP 3-09
3. Q. What do Fires Forces create for the Army and Joint Force Commander?
A: Fires Forces create Responsive, Scalable, and Accurate Fires providing Unprecedented Reach and Mobility
4. Q. What type of Strategy has The Fires Center of Excellence Developed?
A: The Fires Center of Excellence has Developed a Fires Strategy that provides an Excellent Framework for the Evolution and Synergy of the Air Defense Artillery and the Field Artillery
5. Q. What does the Acronym AMD stand for?
A: Air and Missile Defense
Download the App to Study the rest of the Questions on you phone.
Copyright ArmyADP.com All Questions and Answers were Designed and Developed for Sole use on ArmyADP.com and should not be duplicated or distributed in any form either through electronic means or paper without the express consent of Army ADP.com
ArmyADP.com "The New Army Study Guide"
Army ADP 3-09 and ADRP 3-09. This site contains New Army Study Guide Questions and Answers for Army Boards. The Source for Army Doctrine 2015 lots more Questions than one page for each Subject. The purpose is to help Soldiers become better Educated and earn quicker Army Promotions by assisting in not only their Army Educations but also their College Educations as well. It has been designed to assist Soldiers in preparing for Promotion Boards and Competition Boards. All the Questions and Answers are directly from Army Publications and are designed in a way for Soldiers to learn these Publications while also preparing for Boards. It is also managed and updated frequently to keep up with Changing Army Publications so please inform TOP if there is outdated material so that he can keep the material relevant and updated. Also, Please do not hesitate to contact TOP if there is a Board Topic that you would like to see added. Email TOP at email@example.com
6. Q. What does the Acronym EA stand for?
A: Electronic Attack
7. Q. What is Fires?
A: the Use of Weapons Systems to Create specific Lethal or Nonlethal Effects on a Target
8. Q. Para 1 What is the Fires Warfighting Function?
A: the Related Tasks and Systems that provide Collective and Coordinated use of Army Indirect Fires, AMD, and Joint Fires through the Targeting ProcessType your paragraph here
9. Q. Para 1 What are the Tasks of the Fires Warfighting Function?
A: 1. Deliver Fires 2. Integrate All forms of Army, Joint and Multinational Fires 3. Conduct Targeting
10. Q. Para 2 What is Fires responsible for Synchronizing?
A: Army Indirect Fires, AMD, and Joint Fires with the effects of other Warfighting Functions
11. Q. Para 2 What are the Tasks the Fires Function Must Accomplish to Complement and Reinforce the other Warfighting Functions?
A: Planning for Targeting; providing Fire Support; Countering Air, Ballistic Missile, Cruise Missile, Rocket, Artillery, Mortars, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Threats; and Integrating Joint and Multinational Fires
12. Q. Para 3 What do Fires Leaders use for Ground Threats?
A: For Ground Threats, Fires Leaders use the Army’s Targeting Methodology to Plan, Prepare, Execute and Assess Effects on the Ground
13. Q. Para 3 What do Fires Leaders use for Aerial Threats?
A: For Aerial Threats, Fires Leaders use Air Defense Planning to determine Air Defense Priorities and the Tailoring of Air Defense Artillery Capabilities to Defeat Aerial Threats
14. Q. Para 5 What is the Role of Fires?
A: The Role of Fires is to Enable Army Forces to Seize and Retain the Initiative, Prevent and Deter Conflict, Defeat Adaptive Threats and Succeed in a Wide Range of Contingencies
15. Q. Para 6 What are the Core Competencies of Fires?
A: 1. Air Defense Artillery 2. Field Artillery
16. Q. Para 6 What are Critical Capabilities of Fires?
A: 1. Target Acquisition 2. Target Discrimination 3. Target Engagement
17. Q. Para 6 What are the Principles of Fires?
A: 1. Precision 2. Scalable 3. Synchronized 4. Responsive 5. Networked
18. Q. Para 6 What are the Characteristics of Fires?
A: 1. All Weather 2. Precision/Near Precision Fires 3. Mass Area Fires 4. Air and Space Integreation 5. Inherently Joint
19. Q. Para 7 What does Integrating Fires into Unified Land Operations require?
A: Strict Adherence to Common Maneuver Coordination Measures, Airspace Coordinating Measures and Fire Support Coordination Measures, ROE and other Constraints/Restraints
20. Q. Para 7 What does Fires Support for Unified Land Operations?
A: Offensive, Defensive and Stability Tasks
21. Q. Para 9 How does Fires Disrupt and Destroy Enemy Capabilities Command and Control and /or Sensors and overall Capability to Wage War?
A: by Integrating and Synchronizing their EA Capabilities
22. Q. Para 10 How do Army and Joint Force Commanders Ensure Timely and Effective Fires?
A: by Developing Control Measures Early and Emphasize them continuously throughout Unified Action
23. Q. Para 11 What Six Tenets of Unified Land Operations does Fires Align with?
A: 1. Flexibility 2. Integration 3. Lethality 4. Adaptability 5. Depth 6. Synchronization
24. Q. Para 13 How does Fires Support the Offensive Task?
A: Attacking Targets throughout the Area of Operations with Massed or Precision Fires, Mortars Offensive Counter Air, Rotary and Fixed Wing Air Support, Electronic Attack and other Joint Fires Assets
25. Q. Para 14 How does Fires Support the Characteristics of Offensive Tasks?
A: 1. Surprise 2. Concentration 3. Tempo 4.Audacity 5. Enable the Supported Force in Seizing, Retaining and Exploiting the Initiative
26. Q. Para 15 How does Fires Support the Defensive Task?
A: by Providing Persistent 360-Degree Protection, Early Warning, and Supporting of Airspace Control
27. Q. Para 15 How does Fires Assets Attack Targets throughout the Area of Operations in Support of Defensive Tasks?
A: with Massed or Precision Fires, Mortars, and Synchronize Rotary and Fixed Wing Air Support, Electronic Attack and other Joint Fires
28. Q. Para 15 How does Fires Support the Characteristics of Defensive Tasks?
A: Gain Time, Economize Forces, and Develop Conditions favorable for Offensive or Stability Tasks
29. Q. Para 16 How does Fires Support Stability Task?
A: by Saving Lives, Restoring Essential Services, Maintaining and Restoring Civil Order, and Disaster Relief
30. Q. Para 18 What is Air Defense Artillery?
A: the Defensive Measures Designed to Destroy Attacking Enemy Aircraft or Missiles in the Atmosphere, or to Nullify or Reduce Effectiveness of such Attack either through Surveillance Actions or Active Engagements of Aerial Threat
31. Q. Para 18 What are the Active Measures that Fires Employs to Defend against Aerial Threats?
A: Minimize the Effectiveness of Aerial Attack through Passive Air Defense Measures on the Ground, and to Attack the Enemy’s Ability to Launch Aerial Platforms to include
Ballistic Missiles, Rockets, Artillery, and Mortars before they can be Employed Against our Forces
32. Q. Para 19 What is Fire Support?
A: Fires that Directly Support Land, Maritime, Amphibious, and Special Operations Forces to Engage Enemy Forces, Combat Formations, and Facilities in Pursuit of Tactical and Operational Objectives
33. Q. Para 20 What is Joint Fire Support?
A: Joint Fires that Assist Air, Land, Maritime, and Special Operations Forces to Move, Maneuver, and Control Territory, Populations, Airspace, and Key Waters
34. Q. Para 21 What is a Nonlethal Effect that Fires can Employ?
35. Q. Para 22 How is Fires Integrated into Joint and Army Capabilities?
A: Fires are Integrated through Targeting
36. Q. Para 23 What is a Target?
A: an Entity or Object considered for Possible Engagement or Other Action
37. Q. Para 23 What is Targeting?
A: the Process of Selecting and Prioritizing Targets and Matching the Appropriate Response to them, Considering Operational Requirements and Capabilities
38. Q. Para 24 What is an Essential Part of Targeting?
A: An Essential Part of Targeting is the Identification of Potential Fratricide Situations and the Necessary Coordination Measures to Positively Manage and Control the Attack of Targets
39. Q. Para 24 What is the D3A Fires Methodology?
A: Decide, Detect, Deliver, and Assess
40. Q. Para 24 What are the Two Targeting Categories?
A: Deliberate and Dynamic
41. Q. Para 24 What does Deliberate Targeting Prosecute?
A: Planned Targets
42. Q. Para 24 What does Dynamic Targeting Prosecute?
A: Targets of Opportunity and Changes to Planned Targets or Objectives
43. Q. Para 25 What is The objective of Fires?
A: The Objective of Fires Planning is to Optimize Combat Power
44. Q. Para 27 How is Fire Support Planning Accomplished?
A: Using Targeting and the Running Estimate
45. Q. Para 27 What is Fire Support Coordination?
A: the Planning and Executing of Fire so that Targets are Adequately Covered by a Suitable Weapon or Group of Weapons
WARNING!!! Do Not Copy or distribute these Questions they are Copyright Protected!!
Do Not Put questions on any Flashcard Website, Application etc.. those Sites will NOT update them and they do not devleop the materials.
It is illegal to put them into any other program or website or distribute them in any way.
You can make a personal study copy for yourself to prepare for the board.
I have spent HUNDREDS of hours developing these Questions for Soldiers and I need your help maintaining the integrity of the Questions.