Help Top keep this Site Alive
ADP 1 & ADRP 1 Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q.When was the American Continental Army Established?
14 June 1775
2. Q.How many campaign and battle streamers does the Army Flag have?
A: over 180
3. Q.What is the Army’s vision for its three strategic roles?
A: Prevent, Shape and Win
4. Q.What gives the President the Authority as the Commander and Chief?
A: The Constitution
5. Q.Who determines the size and organization of the Army?
Army ADP 1-0 and ADRP 1-0. This site contains New Army Study Guide Questions and Answers for Army Boards. It is also to help Soldiers become better Educated and earn quicker Army Promotions by assisting in not only their Army Educations but also their College Educations as well . The Source for Army Doctrine 2015 lots more Questions than one page for each Subject. It has been designed to assist Soldiers in preparing for Promotion Boards and Competition Boards. All the Questions and Answers are directly from Army Publications and are designed in a way for Soldiers to learn these Publications while also preparing for Boards. It is also managed and updated frequently to keep up with Changing Army Publications so please inform TOP if there is outdated material so that he can keep the material relevant and updated. Also, Please do not hesitate to contact TOP if there is a Board Topic that you would like to see added.
I am Developing a section of the "Most Frequently Asked Board Questions" so that Soldiers can study those questions first.
6. Q.What is the Army’s Mission?
A: The Army’s mission is to fight and win the Nation’s wars through prompt and sustained land combat, as part of the joint force
7. Q.If Soldiers do not have “Trust between Soldiers and their Leaders” what can be the outcome?
A: Soldiers will only follow those orders given and only out of fear of consequences and will not take initiative
8. Q.What does trust at all levels of Leadership depend on?
9. Q.What are the 7 Army Values?
A: Loyalty; Duty; Respect; Selfless Service; Honor; Integrity; Personal Courage
10. Q.What usually keeps professional Soldiers in the Army?
11. Q.Army Training does more than develop technical expertise, it also encourages Army leaders to do what?
A: exercise discretionary judgments without close supervision; this ability is critically important to develop confident leaders
12. Q.What does Certification Measure?
A: competence, character, and commitment
13. Q.What is Professional competence?
A: mastery of specific skills
14. Q.What must an individual do to become a Professional?
A: become certified in their job or tasks
15. Q.What is an Oath?
A: an individual moral commitment made publicly
16. Q.Is the Constitutional oath legally binding?
17. Q.How is loss of discipline on the part of our Soldiers exploited by the Enemy?
A: through enemy propaganda and it is magnified through the news media
18. Q.What must small-unit leaders do to prevent our Soldiers from retaliating in response to an Enemy’s unethical acts?
A: maintain discipline and ensure that the conduct of Soldiers remains within ethical and moral boundaries
19. Q.What does ADP 1 Chapter 2-20 mean by mean by esprit de corps?
A: we should always respect our history and traditions
20. Q.How does the Army emphasize esprit de corps and tradition and history?
A: through the practice of our customs, our traditions, and conducting ceremonies
21. Q.How do Units and organizations preserve their unit histories and display them?
A: unit distinctive insignia (such as unit crests, patches, and mottos) and by maintaining written account of the unit’s history
22. Q.What is the hallmark of units with high esprit de corps?
A: Those Soldiers will display a high level of Discipline and Pride
23. Q.What is Discipline?
A: the behavior tempered by high standards of conduct and performance and reflects the self-control necessary in the face of temptation, obstacles, and adversity, and the fear to do the harder right instead of the easier wrong
24. Q.What is Pride?
A: recognition that obstacles, adversity, and fear can be mastered through discipline and teamwork
25. Q.What does Esprit de corps say about a Soldier or unit?
A: that the Soldier or unit has high motivation, discipline, and morale
26. Q.What are the 4 primary missions of the Armed Forces that may require large numbers of ground forces or the ready availability of large numbers of Soldiers?
A: 1. counter terrorism and irregular warfare 2.Stability and counterinsurgency operations 3. War 4.The defense of our homeland and support of civil authorities
27. Q.What do Space systems allow the Army to employ?
A: Space systems allow the Army to employ weapons systems rapidly, lethally and discreetly
28. Q.What are the Army’s two Core Competencies that are indispensable contributions to the joint force?
A: combined arms maneuver and wide area security
29. Q.What are the levels of Command and the Rank that Generally Commands them?
A: 1. Squad=SSG 2.Platoon=Lieutenant/SFC 3. Company=Captain/1SG 4.Battalion=LTC/CSM 5.Brigade=COL/CSM 6. Division=Major General/CSM 7.Corps=Lieutenant General/CSM 8. Army=General/CSM
30. Q.What is the size of a Squad?
A: 6-9 Soldiers
31. Q.What is the size of a Platoon?
A: 16-44 Soldiers
32. Q.What is the size of a Company?
A: 62-190 Soldiers
33. Q.What is the Size of a Battalion?
34. Q.What is the size of a Brigade?
35. Q.What is the size of a Division?
36. Q.What is the size of a Corps?
37. Q.What is the size of an Army?
A: 50,000 or more
38. Q.Why did Military expeditions throughout history usually fail?
A: because of disease and combat losses,, or a lack of supplies preventing them from seizing opportunities
39. Q.What gives our Nation the ability to Deploy large ground forces anywhere in the world indefinitely?
A: Soldiers are the best supplied, best equipped, and healthiest American troops in history
40. Q.How long has it been since Soldiers have faced a Threat from the Air?
A: It has been over 60 years Because of America’s Air Superiority
41. Q.What is Joint Interdependence?
A: The Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines working together
42. Q.What is an Example of Joint Interdependence?
A: A Platoon leaders can call upon air, maritime, and space-based systems to destroy the enemy
43. Q.What are the two things that the Army Must invest in for the Future of the Army to be combat ready for any environment?
A: Training and Leader Development
44. Q.Where does the Army currently plan to “Prioritize its assets” for possible future conflicts?
A: The Pacific Region and the Middle East
45. Q.After every major conflict our Nation has been engaged in, what has the Military historically been politically forced to do?
A: The Military has always been forced to Drawn Down in Size as the Nation’s defense priorities plan change
46. Q.What must we ensure that we do not do during these Drawdown processes?
A: avoid the historic past patterns of drawing down too quickly and risk losing leaders, skills, and capabilities
47. Q.What is the Army’s Greatest Asset?
A: The All-Volunteer Force
48. Q.What type of Leader must the Army Retain?
A: high-quality, combat experienced leaders so that they, in turn train the next generation
49. Q.What is Leadership?
A: Leadership is the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation to accomplish the unit’s mission and improve the organization
50. Q.Good Leaders have the ability to respond effectively to what?
A: complexity and chaos, anticipate opportunities, and remain effective under stress
51. Q.How does the Army Shape Leaders?
A: Through tough realistic training to gain experience, education, leader development, and encouraging responsibility
52. Q.How do Leaders prepare subordinates?
A: by empowering them to operate autonomously without constant directions and giving them responsibility
53. Q.What are the things that Leaders must Do?
A: learn, think, adapt, and communicate fully, honestly, and candidly up, down, and laterally with their peers
54. Q.How will Great Leaders achieve mission success?
A: By having the ability to balance or mitigate risk to seize and retain the initiative
55. Q.What is the percentage of Americans that Serve in the Military?
A: less than one-half of one percent and only about half of those serving are Soldiers
56. Q.What task can the National Guard perform which the Active Army is not allowed without certain special circumstances?
A: They can be used for law enforcement purposes when used by the Governor and called up for State emergencies
57. Q.How much of the Army’s Strength is made up by the Army Reserves and how much of Sustainment do they provide?
A: They make up about one-fifth and it provides one-half of the Army’s Sustainment forces
58. Q.What is the difference between the Operating Force and the Generating Force?
A: The Operating Force is units that are ready and prepared to deploy for combat. The Generating Force prepares the Operating Forces to perform their mission (example is OTC’s (National Training Centers), SGL’s at SLC, ALC and WLC).
59. Q.What does the Army Flag Honor?
A: The Army Flag Honors all those who served and are serving and a reminder of the Nation’s struggle to remain Free
60. Q. When was “The American Continental Army” established?
A: 14 June 1775
61. Q.Who did the U.S. fight during the War of 1812?
A: The British
62. Q.What was the year that the Army fought Mexico in “The Mexican War”?
63. Q.What was gained from the Mexican War?
A: The Nation’s borders were extended to the Pacific Ocean
64. Q.When did the Civil War begin?
65. Q.When was the War with Spain?
66. Q.What was significant about the War with Spain?
A: it exposed serious deficiencies with Mobilization, deployment, and sustainment
67. Q.When did the U.S mass the Largest Army in its History?
A: during World War II
68. Q.What is the Longest War in U.S. Military History and how long did it last?
A: The war in Afghanistan and currently it is has been over 12 years of fighting
69. Q.What War had the more Casualties than any other War?
A: The Civil War
70. Q.How many Divisions did the Army have during World War II?
WARNING!!! Do Not Copy or distribute these Questions they are Copyright Protected!!
Do Not Put questions on any Flashcard Website, Application etc.. those Sites will NOT update them and they do not devleop the materials.
It is illegal to put them into any other program or website or distribute them in any way.
You can make a personal study copy for yourself to prepare for the board.
I have spent HUNDREDS of hours developing these Questions for Soldiers and I need your help maintaining the integrity of the Questions.