Help Top keep this Site Alive
ADP 1-02 & ADRP 1-02 Operational Terms and Military Symbols
1. Q. What does ADP 1-02 cover?
A: Operational Terms and Military Symbols
2. Q. What is one of the most important Communications Abilities when Conducting Operations?
A: using a Common Set of Doctrinal Terms and Military Symbols
3. Q. How do you give Shorter and Clearer Orders that convey information with Greater Speed and Less Risk of Misunderstanding?
A: By using Plain, Concise, and Understandable Language
4. Q. What is Doctrine?
A: fundamental principles by which the Military Forces or Elements guide their actions in Support of Objectives
5. Q. What are the four Doctrine Publication types that will be used in the Army?
A: Army Doctrine Publications (ADPs), Army Doctrine Reference Publications (ADRPs), Field Manuals (FMs), and Army Techniques Publications (ATPs)
6. Q. Where did the term “Fires” Originate?
A: From lessons learned after Operation Desert Storm against the Iraqi Army from the need to coordinate the delivery of Air, Land, and Maritime assets in Time and Space against Targets to enhance their effectiveness
7. Q. What is Joint Fires?
A: Fires delivered from two or more Forces to produce a desired effect to Support a Common Objective
8. Q. Should terms and abbreviations be classified or unclassified?
9. Q. Who establishes policy for establishing doctrinal terms?
10. Q. What does TRADOC stand for?
A: Training and Doctrine Command
11. Q. What is the definition of Communications?
A: an Exchange of Meaning that is only complete When the Intended Meaning is Understood precisely by the Intended Audience
12. Q. What does the word “Repeat” mean?
A: Firing at the Same Target with the Same Ammunition for Artillery and Mortar Fire
13. Q. What does the phrase “Say Again” mean?
A: it Asks Someone to Repeat what he or she Previously Said
14. Q. What is an Adversary?
A: a party acknowledged as Potentially Hostile to a Friendly Party and against which the use of Force may be Necessary or Needed
15. Q. What is an Enemy Combatant?
A: An individual Engaged in Hostilities Against the United States or its Coalition Partners during an Armed Conflict.
16. Q. How are Acronyms formed?
A: from the Initial Letters of a Name or Parts of a Series of Words
17. Q. What is a Military Map?'
A: A Graphical Representation of the Earth's Surface as Seen From Above
18. Q. What is a military symbol?
A: a Graphic Representation of a Unit, Equipment, Installation, Activity, Control Measure, or Tactical Task relevant to Military Operations that is Used for Planning or to Represent the Common Operational Picture on a Map, Display, or Overlay
19. Q. What is a Common Operational Picture?
A: a Single Display of Relevant Information within a Commander’s Area of Interest tailored to the User’s Requirements and based on Common Data and Information shared by More than One Command
20. Q. When using a Map or other Graphical Representation, what should an Operations Center or Command Post’s Common Operational Picture show?
A: Friendly and Enemy Units or Ships, Boundaries, Control Measures, or other Elements the Commander deems Necessary to understand the Common Operational Picture and also Provide any Observer a Basic Understanding of the Situation
21. Q. What are the two Military Symbol Categories?
A: Framed and Unframed
22. Q. What are Framed Military Symbol Categories?
A: Unit, Equipment, Installation, and Activity Symbols
23. Q. What are Unframed Military Symbol Categories?
A: Control Measures and Tactical Task Mission Symbols
24. Q. What Army Publication explains how to Build Symbols using Basic Components?
A: ADRP 1-02
WARNING!!! Do Not Copy or distribute these Questions they are Copyright Protected!!
Do Not Put questions on any Flashcard Website, Application etc.. those Sites will NOT update them and they do not devleop the materials.
It is illegal to put them into any other program or website or distribute them in any way.
You can make a personal study copy for yourself to prepare for the board.
I have spent HUNDREDS of hours developing these Questions for Soldiers and I need your help maintaining the integrity of the Questions.
ADP 1-02 and ADRP 1-02. This site contains Questions and Answers for Army Boards. It is also to help Soldiers become better Educated and earn quicker Army Promotions by assisting in not only their Army Educations but also their College Educations as well . The Source for Army Doctrine 2015 lots more Questions than one page for each Subject. It has been designed to assist Soldiers in preparing for Promotion Boards and Competition Boards. All the Questions and Answers are directly from Army Publications and are designed in a way for Soldiers to learn these Publications while also preparing for Boards. It is also managed and updated frequently to keep up with Changing Army Publications so please inform TOP if there is outdated material so that he can keep the material relevant and updated. Also, Please do not hesitate to contact TOP if there is a Board Topic that you would like to see added.
I am Developing a section of the "Most Frequently Asked Board Questions" so that Soldiers can study those questions first.